Commerce Server Training
This is a two day course designed to bring .Net developers or architects up to speed on Commerce Server. We assume no Commerce Server experience.
Course topics Commerce Server 11 (integrated with Sitecore)
- A thorough understanding of the core systems is essential. This course gives a grounding in the subsystems with the modules on the Catalog, Inventory, Profile, and Orders Subsystems.
- Module 1, Introduction, provides a high-level overview the plumbing between Commerce Server and Sitecore 8. This includes the Commerce Connect architecture and the Data Providers. Key Sitecore concepts needed for the course are reviewed.
- Module 2, Catalogs, covered here are the concepts of base catalogs, custom catalogs, categories, products and variants. The student will create catalogs and categories, edit their properties using the Merchandizing Manager and the Sitecore Tree. Labs including creating relationships between products, managing images, creating an image from a template, modifying the catalog schema, enriching a data template, and configuring product buckets.
- Module 3, Inventory. This module enables the student to create inventory catalogs and link them with base catalogs. Covered here are the concepts of back orderable and preorderable SKUs. Using the Sample Commerce Server Shop MVC code, the student experiments with different settings of the SKU properties.
- Module 4, Search. Using Lucene, the student will work on the faceting features. The student will create dynamic categories for products.
- Module 5, Profiles. This module covers creating, editing and deleting profiles and addresses and the interplay between the Sitecore authorization and the Commerce Server Profile System. The lab includes adding a property to the profile system, making the necessary changes in the code of the MVC site, a second lab covers importing the profiles into Sitecore. The concepts of the Connect framework and the Sitecore pipelines are reexamined.
- Module 6, Orders provides the concepts of baskets, split tenders and shipments and mapped storage. Commerce pipelines are examined, and the MVC site code is used to illustrate the concepts of Shipping and Payment methods. Using the tools of the Marketing system, a new discount is implemented.
Online, 10th to 11th May, 2016 - Commerce Server 11 (Sitecore)Please visit our booking page for more information.
Software Smith is a CommerceServer.net recommended training partner.
Feedback from our students:
"I have never had a better technical instructor and I have taken a LOT of technical courses"--JB, US
"Great course. Glen is much more than a skilled instructor. He also a very knowlegeable Commerce Server consultant."--MH, Canada
"I had the opportunity to attend the perfect training. Organized with excellence and led magnificantly!"--LD, Bulgaria
"If you’re looking for training from someone who’s been involved in real-world Commerce Server implementations, is immersed in the Commerce Server community, is an ace developer, and who has the ablilty to bring that knowledge into the classroom and efficiently convey it to students, then you need look no further than Glen Smith’s training. Glen provides great value, knowledgable insights and quick and efficient followup. His training style cuts through the clutter and focuses on what a developer needs to know. Great job"--DL, Canada
It was a great and perfect training for me. The instructor was one of the best ones I had for technical trainings. The training was well-organized and covered a lot. Thank you."--AK, US