Commerce Server 10 Training
This is a three day course designed to bring .Net developers or architects up to speed on Commerce Server 10. We assume no Commerce Server experience.
- Commerce Multi-Channel Foundation, discusses the entity model based development for Commerce Server 10. This is the key topic of the course, but can only be handled on the third day after you understand the core systems in Commerce Server 10.
- After the topic SharePoint Commerce Services, you will understand the SharePoint 2010 architecture, and how to use it to build Commerce Server sites. You will understand the decision matrix, whether to use SharePoint Foundation, SharePoint Server or aspx to build your sites. Note: While not a prerequisite, a prior knowledge of SharePoint will help you get the most out of this topic.
- Installing, discusses the prerequisite hardware and software requirements to deploy Commerce Server 10. You will do a complete deployment yourself.
- Every minute an online shop is down costs money. This topic Managing and Monitoring concentrates on keeping a Commerce Server 10 installation running smoothly.
- This topic, Staging will give you an understanding of an often neglected but essential part of Commerce Server 10. How will changes from the development environment reach the production environment? You will enjoy trying out a part of this process in the labs.
- Who wants to build an insecure shop? This topic, Security will give you an understanding of some of the security issues to be considered with Commerce Server 10.
- Most online shops have to integrate into the rest of the business infrastructure. In this topic Connecting to Biztalk, you will integrate Commerce Server and BizTalk 2010.
- The lab for our topic Using the Partner SDK has proved to be our most popular lab. Here you will add auditing functionality to the business managers, and discover a hidden feature in Azman.
- A thorough understanding of the core systems is essential even with the entity model. The second day is spent giving a thorough grounding in the subsystems with the modules on the Catalog, Inventory, Profile, Order and Marketing Systems as well as caching and the infamous pipelines.
- Note: Some labs may be omitted to allow more time for advanced topics.
Online, 20th to 22nd May, 2013 (CS10)
Online and Cologne, Germany, 27th to 29th May, 2013 (CS2009R2)
Ottawa, Canada, 10th to 12th June, 2013 (CS2009R2)
Software Smith is a CommerceServer.net recommended training partner.
Feedback from our students:
"I have never had a better technical instructor and I have taken a LOT of technical courses"--JB, US
"I had the opportunity to attend the perfect training. Organized with excellence and led magnificantly!"--LD, Bulgaria
"If you’re looking for training from someone who’s been involved in real-world Commerce Server implementations, is immersed in the Commerce Server community, is an ace developer, and who has the ablilty to bring that knowledge into the classroom and efficiently convey it to students, then you need look no further than Glen Smith’s training. Glen provides great value, knowledgable insights and quick and efficient followup. His training style cuts through the clutter and focuses on what a developer needs to know. Great job"--DL, Canada